Sourcing Manager I
Contract: 12 Months+(High Possibility of extension)
The main function of a Sourcing Manager is to develop specifications to communicate to vendors and negotiate pricing with those vendors to support the RFQ.
• Gathers detailed information from sales and customers to develop detailed specifications
• Solicits bids and quotes and determines best pricing and best value
• Procures finished goods and services for resale, utilizing established vendors and/or contacting new vendors as alternative sources of supply when vendors and suppliers are inadequate
• Makes substitution recommendation where savings in cost, quantity, quality, or better delivery can be realized
• Meets with vendor representatives as required to resolve shipping, backorder and overstock issues.
• Develops and qualifies new sources/vendors, obtaining best price/delivery through competition and strong negotiating skills
• Maintains up-to-date files of vendor catalogs and price schedules
• Keeps abreast of new products and market trends and communicates to designated channels within the organization.
• Initiate, negotiate and execute appropriate contracts to support new product introduction and product mass production, including conditional award letters and supply Statements of Work, locking in favorable supply chain terms.
• Basic negotiating and customer-service skills
• Prior contract drafting experience
• Possesses a high degree of integrity
• Basic ability to analyze and resolve variety of issues simultaneously
• Basic ability to interact well and gain cooperation of internal division staff and customers
• Basic ability to write up customer orders involving detailed product requirements
• Basic ability to work efficiently in a MS Windows based environment and 10-key by touch
• Sufficient math skills to calculate order pricing, freight rates and label measurements
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.