The Business Software Developer is considered an analytical/procedural expert that will focus on strategy, rules configuration, and software implementation to drive client’s industry leading auto lending business. This role will leverage technical expertise, focusing in large part on configuration in Clients Loan Origination and Clients Decision Engine systems. This individual will work closely with a broad group of matrix partners, including business operations, IT, Risk, Finance/Pricing, Analytical Modeling, and Product Management, etc. to implement business requirements systemically. This resource is leaned on as a subject matter expert in understanding, and delivering on, both the business need as well as the system configuration. Lead innovative thought, strategy, and solutions to Client's most critical system(s), that support and run Clients most vital Auto Origination business.
Review project, policy, program, and system documents to understand the ask and possible solutions. Proactively identify changes required to the various client systems. Collaborate with internal and external partners to clarify project requirements, schedule, and implement changes. Support the diagnoses and resolution of production issues. Complete business system configuration changes within established procedures, and with risk mitigation always at the forefront of design. Support internal testing efforts by lending subject matter expertise and thought leadership. Support rollout and production verification of transformative business system changes. Interact with multiple levels with client to determine the necessary system changes by developing a broad sense of the entire business system landscape while keeping in mind the impact what is being delivered had on clients core business.
- College degree (or equivalent experience) in CIS/BIS/MIS/computer science, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Ability to review project, policy, and program documents to assess the potential system impacts across client business systems and processes.
- Understanding of auto finance business strongly preferred.
- Proficient in mathematical equivalences such as percentages, calculations, and linear equations, including the use of parenthesis in equations. Desire to learn general financial concepts -- P&L calculations, amortization schedules, basic understanding of interest rates, pro-forma models
- Robust Microsoft Office Suite knowledge and expertise (i.e. Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to determine and resolve potential negative impacts to Client system and processes.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously. This includes working under tight timelines and making changes quickly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both in written and verbal form, the necessary changes to meet the business needs, including requirements and test cases.
- Ability to work independently to apply a policy or program change to the system and convey the necessary testing and production verification requirements of a specific change.
- Experience and comfort with Agile methodologies,
- Active working knowledge of rule based configuration tools (e.g. Sagent LOS, FICO DM, etc.) or procedural/coding languages (e.g. Java).
- Additional experience with .Net, Java, and JBoss is strongly preferred
- Ability to analyze business requirements, rapidly grasp and comprehend methods/programming used to create/extend data models, create workflows, and convert statistical models to configurable logic
- Knowledge, experience and/or certifications in FICO Originations Manager or Decision Management Platform is a plus