- As a Battery Lab Manager, the candidate will be part of the battery team responsible for developing new battery technology across the Reality Lab Portfolio of products.
- As part of this role, the candidate is expected to manage multiple battery labs that perform cell, pack, and system level testing.
Battery Lab Manager Responsibilities:
- Work with validation engineers to execute test plans and create schedules to meet these plans.
- Ensure testing resources (test channels, equipment, people) are correctly allocated
- Manage and maintain equipment calibration including tracking lab inventory of all calibratable hardware, arranging periodic calibrations per manufacturing specs, and procuring replacement/new hardware when needed
- Work with equipment vendors on new initiatives to improve lab capabilities and test coverage
- Root Cause and resolve test equipment malfunction issues
- Develop processes, frameworks, and best practices to scale validation across multiple programs
- Good attention to details to ensure that data generated is of high quality
- Ensure data generated is transfer periodically and accurately to our data analytics tools
- Support hiring and training of support staff, as needed, to perform validation testing
- Ensure that data management software for the various test equipment is working correctly
- Proactively work to resolve problems that arise related to new testing protocols
- Support lab expansion and installations as needed by working with various facilities teams
- Ensure all environmental, health and safety requirements are met
- Support technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing
- Develop cadence for weekly reporting of test status, equipment utilizations, issues, and forecasting
- 5+ years’ experience in working on validation of Li-ion batteries
- Basic network set up knowledge and experience to work with the IT teams.
- Experience with scripting software such as Python
- Knowledge of data process tools such as MATLAB, JMP and/or Voltaiq
- Experience with battery testing equipment such as Maccors, Neware and experience developing and running scripts
- Experience with deploying test and measurement equipment with network access
- Experience working on consumer electronics
- Data science experience a plus
Will be managing lab machinery for purpose of battery testing.
Top 3 Skills:
- Experience with managing large scale labs
- Battery knowledge
- Maccor equipment knowledge
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Material Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in working on validation of Li-ion batteries
- Experience with lab testing equipment including scopes, power supplies, electronic loads, function generators
- Interpersonal skills and experience to work effectively in a dynamic team-oriented environment