About This Role:
- The Associate Scientist role supports the generation of AAV candidates for preclinical gene therapy pipeline.
- The incumbent will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for plasmid scale-up, AAV production and characterization of AAV-based vectors produced using transient transfection in mammalian cells.
- The ideal candidate should have substantial experience in molecular biology including cloning, transformation and plasmid generation with familiarity with maxi preps, agarose gel electrophoresis, and PCR.
- Prior experience with AAV vector production is strongly desired.
- In addition, the person should be able to maintain up-to-date knowledge of pertinent literature and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to efficiently present results to project team members.
What You’ll Do
- Generate, scale up, and maintain plasmid stocks for AAV production.
- Packaging, purification, and analytical characterization of AAV vectors
- Develop, optimize, and troubleshoot protocols for plasmid production
- Maintain organized and detailed electronic records, submitted in a timely manner
- Report data to team members through written reports and direct collaboration
Who You Are
- You have experience with molecular biology including plasmid preps and are looking to expand your knowledge of AAV based gene therapies.
- You are keen on learning innovative technological skills in a highly collaborative & cross-functional environment.
- BS degree in Biochemistry, Biology or related field with 1-2 years of industry experience; or Masters with 0-1 years experience
- Hands-on experience with cloning, transformation, plasmid generation and scale-up with capacity to develop, optimize and troubleshoot new protocols and methods.
- Experience with basic molecular and analytical techniques such as plasmid cloning, PCR based assays and gel electrophoresis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to change and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment.
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and production of viral vectors/recombinant proteins.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive. The External Innovations Team’s mission is to bring forward external opportunities that complement our internal capabilities and strengths.