Associate Shift Supervisor
Pay Range : $110,000 - $140,000 a year
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
This position requires a high level of enthusiasm and personal commitment to deliver performance, safety and reliability in the electric utility business. Professional communication and the ability to analyze trouble while under stress are expected along with the ability to drive a positive workplace culture.
- Supervise regional operators and associated personnel.
- Ensure compliance with company standards.
- Promote safety and provide reliable electric service and direct emergency restoration of generating and electrical systems following contingencies.
- Supervises the operation of the electric system.
- Supervises regional operators and associated personnel.
- Monitors, operates and maintains control of the transmission, distribution and station facilities
- Consolidate information from a variety of sources such as Energy Management Systems alarms, switching orders, field reports and Outage Management System to accurately validate, analyze and report outage duration, number of customers impacted, cause and circumstances.
- Direct the sectionalizing of faulted equipment and return customers to service.
- Analyze normal / abnormal operating conditions utilizing Energy Management Systems and other computer resources such as OMS, GIS, and PI.
- Initiate emergency procedures when the system is in distress.
- Insures compliance with Company and regulatory standards.
- Be proactive in communicating outage status to various stakeholders such as operations management, executive management, corporate communication, customers, engineering, municipal and government regulatory groups.
- Receive and respond to police, fire, customer service calls as needed.
- Provide support during system emergencies including off-hours and especially during stormy or inclement weather.
- Work reasonable amounts of planned and unplanned overtime.
- The Control Centers operate on a 24/7 basis. Coverage is accomplished via a rotating shift schedule.
- Individual daily shift duration is predominantly 12 hours, with some combination of 8 hour coverage scheduled to match peak workload.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applicable Clearance and Control training (Lock out tag out procedure).
- Demonstrated personal accountability for delivering performance excellence.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of outage data in Outage Management System.
- Complete control center logs and reports.
- May be required to back up other regional control centers during emergencies.
- 5-year operating experience in electric or gas utility is preferred, other electrical or gas utility experience is a bonus.
- 2-year or higher Technical Degree (i.e. Engineering or Engineering Technology) or 4 years equivalent experience.
- Candidates must successfully pass an aptitude assessment and a required background check.
- Must have working knowledge of basic computer software applications.
- Ability to assimilate data from a variety of sources and quickly formulate and execute action plans during high periods of stress.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written communication, oral communication, and inquiry resolution skills.
- Ability to adapt to Rotating Shifts, flexibility to change schedule during emergencies.
- Understanding of electric network connectivity required.