Duration: 12 Months
Shift: 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Our Client is searching for a dynamic, self-motivated candidate to join our Server BIOS Quality Assurance team testing cutting edge server and manageability firmware solutions.
Top 3 Skills:
- Software testing experience
- Linux and Windows
- Able to build system from scratch.
Candidate must be local, more than half week onsite work.
Using detailed test procedures, the functional test technician will perform various hardware and software diagnostics in order to determine functional issues/failures on cutting edge server systems. Through the use of various internal hardware test tools, internal software utilities or third utilities will capture and report failures to engineering and debug teams. Functional test technician will capture and record results/data into a database and write up detailed description of failures seen. Assigned tests must be completed in a timely fashion based on expected completion time and customer/internal roadmap deadlines.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- AAS Degree in Computer Engineering/Technology or equivalent training and experience
- Strong background in computer hardware, software, and PC architecture
- Extensive familiarity Windows operating systems, Linux experience, preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years with PC hardware and software validation
- PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills, required.
- Experience and technical expertise in PC hardware devices and motherboard architecture
- Apply knowledge and principles of PC architecture in order to trouble shoot hardware compatibility issues!
- Working knowledge/experience with the installation of Linux and Windows operating systems including drivers
- Experience flashing BIOS using ROM burner or utilities.
- Knowledge and ability to locate voltage rails, signals, and components by schematics.
- Ability to read, locate and decipher system registers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on detail.