Lab Manager V
Duration : 12 Months + High Possiblity of extension
Rate: $70 - $90/hr on W2
On-site at NYC Farley Building.
- The main function of a lab manager is to drive innovation into the organization and lead product thinking efforts. The typical lab manager will identify opportunities to bring first, second, and third party features and products into the FB internal environment.
- Manage day to day operations of multiple hardware engineering laboratories
- Forecast lab utilization, space planning, procure equipment and supplies
- Implement company best practices for laboratory procedures and operations
- Deploy electronic inventory, data collection, and equipment management systems
- Evaluate the cost effectiveness, reliability, and safety of lab equipment.
- Coordinate metrology and calibration of lab instrumentation using standard test equipment, and review results to evaluate performance
- Assign preventative maintenance of equipment and systems.
- Failure analysis & characterization
- Experience managing research labs.
- Extensive knowledge of electromechanical test equipment.
- Ability to do failure analysis on electromechanical products and drive to a root cause.
- In the interview this will be brought up. They will ask for examples.
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency with excel and spreadsheets.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to research.
- Self-motivated, persuasive, and analytical.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations
- Knowledge of common electromechanical test equipment
- Bachelor’s degree required.