Materials Engineer III
Duration : 06 Months + High Possibility of extension
Labs brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. The Applied Materials team at seeks an adhesive test engineer (6-month initial contract extendable to 2 years), with the ability to evaluate material performance for consumer products. We are looking for individuals with adhesives knowledge to methodically evaluate materials and generate coupon and form-factor data to guide hardware teams to select optimal materials. The role will be based in Vancouver or Seattle (with travel to Vancouver), WA.
- Use fundamental engineering principles and ASTM standards to design standard and custom test setups to measure performance of adhesives and materials.
- Prepare sample coupons for testing. Characterize adhesive material and device performance in a laboratory setting.
- Interface with cross-functional partners to understand prototyping and characterization needs. Work with materials labs across Meta to coordinate materials testing.
- Prioritize adhesive testing projects based on program need and SME requests, drive projects to completion within specified timelines, and generate repeatable and accurate data.
- Write and maintain experimental SOPs, analyze raw data, and generate test reports.
- Work with vendors and lab managers to purchase new equipment as well as maintain, calibrate, and upgrade existing equipment.
- Maintain materials coupon inventory for testing.
- Follow established safety and best practices protocols to ensure a safe and organized lab.
- Maintain laboratory equipment calibration and documentation
- Bachelor's degree in physical science or engineering
- 2+ year of experience as a materials test engineer
- 2+ years of experience with adhesives; dispensing, assembly, testing and FA
- Experience writing SOPs, test reports, and maintaining lab equipment
- Experience with designing and fabricating jigs and test setups for materials property measurements.
- Excellent organization skills and an eye for detail.
- Experience working with teams of technicians to accomplish tasks efficiently and generate reputable data
- 5+ years of experience with adhesive assembly and testing such as tensile push-out, tensile pin, lap shear, block shear, tensile impact, and peel testing
- Familiarity with adhesive analysis by TMA, DMA, DSC, FTIR, GCMS, rheometry and Microscopy
- Experience working with adhesives (most imperative skill for this role)
- Knowledge of plastics