Duration - 6 Months + High possibility of extension
The Patient Service Rep is responsible for greeting patents and families, collecting & entering demographic and insurance information, collecting payments associated with services rendered and reconciliation of daily services. In addition, other duties necessary to facilitate efficient and timely services to patients and their families, such as scheduling appointments, answering phones, and obtaining appropriate insurance referrals and authorizations as needed per insurance guidelines. Responsibilities may include working with medical records, following HIPPA guidelines.
- Responsible for promptly and positively greeting patients and families, while assuring an efficient check in process and telephone encounters ;all according to pre-established practice guidelines.
- Verifying accurately entering essential patient information into the hospital registration and scheduling system with a 90% accuracy.
- Reconciliation of daily services to include collection and processing of payments received, schedule follow up appointments, & enter diagnosis codes according to pre-established practice guidelines.
- Other areas of responsibility may include answering telephones, daily maintenance voicemail retrieval and accurate message transcription and follow through, distribution of mail, and clerical duties as assigned.
- Daily maintenance of patient records and provider schedules while following HIPPA guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years related healthcare, registration, physician billing, medical records and/or medical office experience preferred.
- Previous customer service background required