REGISTERED NURSE – Psychiatric/Mental Health/Behavioral Health/ Addiction Treatment
Duration: 04 Months.
Pay Rate: $65.00/Hour
- Shift Hours: 12-hour shifts Shift Start Times: 7:00am & 7:00pm
- A 132-bed short-term inpatient psychiatric & chemical dependency facility in Greenwood, Indiana that treats the mental health needs of those from childhood through adulthood.
- The Registered Nurse (R.N.) prescribes, delegates, coordinates, & evaluates patient care through collaborative efforts with health team members & in accordance with the nursing process & the STANDARDS of care & practices.
- Acuity Level: Acute Primary Specially: Behavioral Health / Addiction Treatment Total Number of Beds Number of Beds per Unit / Total Acute: 98.
- Education: Graduate from an accredited program of professional nursing required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Active Indiana RN License
- Psychiatric or Detox License & Certifications required: Active Indiana RN License Handle with Care Required.
- Will Facility Train? Yes, it is required & the facility will train. Charting Method: Paper Nurse to Patient Ratio: 1:12 plus MHT support staff How Many Mental Health Tech's/Recovery Specialist/Behavioral Health Techs Work Each Shift 1:12 Vitals - Do MHT's Do This? RN, LPN & MHT's do vitals Will there always be a Psychiatrist/Physician/Nurse Practitioner present? Always on-call, not on-site 24/7 Equipment Used Vital Machine, EKG, Glucometer, AED Typical Medications Ativan, Suboxone, Vivitrol, phenobarbital Medication dispensing equipment: None Weekend & Holiday Requirements Every other weekend, Holidays yes Is On-Call Required: None
- Bachelor’s Degree - Desired BLS certification - Required Current RN license to practice in the state of IN - Required Demonstrates clinical competency in providing general nursing care.
- Required Experience in a behavioral health/psychiatric healthcare facility - minimum of 1 year - Required Graduate from an accredited school of nursing - Required Handle with Care (HWC) - will train during orientation - Required Travel experience - minimum of 1 year – Required.
- Shift: RAPID RESPONSE - NIGHTS - 7p-7a - 13 weeks - every other weekend required - local candidates accepted.